Neta is a bilingual multimedia platform based in the Rio Grande Valley along the Texas-Mexico border. We create engaging and culturally relevant content that amplifies the voices of border residents aimed to challenge mainstream narratives about our region.
- We are based in the Rio Grande Valley, the southernmost region of Texas along the U.S.-Mexico border.
- We are one of the fastest-growing Latinx-run progressive media platforms in Texas and the U.S.
- We are part of the emerging progressive infrastructure in Texas engaging young people of color on important social issues and politics.
- We launched on January 19, 2017, the day before Donald Trump’s Presidential Inauguration.
- We are fiscally sponsored by the awesome people at Progress Texas Insitute, a 501(c)(3) organization.
- In our first six months of existence, we reached more than 7 million people across the U.S. through social media.
- Most of our audience lives in the Rio Grande Valley. Two-thirds of our audience are women between the ages of 18 and 32.
Our border is often a talking point for many social issues, such as immigration, health care, reproductive justice, LGBTQ, and education. Although our region is often highlighted for how underserved and impacted we are, others use us as a stand-in for their own political and private interests — not to point out real solutions and changes that would actually benefit our region. Our platform builds community power by amplifying Valley narratives and perspectives, making sure we are heard in the media circus that surrounds border issues.
Neta is a network of content creators of people who are all from or live in the Rio Grande Valley. We are funded through sponsorships, advertisements, and by donations from our readers. We are fiscally sponsored by the Progress Texas Institute, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Neta does not take sponsorships or advertisements from political parties, elected officials, or political candidates.
Our official mascot was designed by Celeste Deluna. Get our Neta Tlacuache on a T-Shirt or sticker at our NetaShop!