We are publishing the first issue of our magazine, Neta Journal, in May 2017. For this issue, we are evoking a theme of “reclaiming our narratives,” or being our own storytellers on the border. We are looking for artists to help us design the cover of this issue. Artists of all ages and experience levels are welcome.
The winner will be chosen by our content creators and receive $150. They will have their work featured as the cover of the first issue and will be interviewed for a story.
- Contest begins on Thursday, April 13, 2017, and ends on Saturday, April 29, 2017, at 12PM CDT
- Artist must be from or live in the Rio Grande Valley
- Design should be 8 ½ x 11”
- You don’t have to send a complete design to be considered. As long as we can clearly see your idea, it works for us. You can finish details once you are notified of our selection. (We’ll leave this up to your discretion.)
- Winner will be notified on Wednesday, May 3, 2017
How to enter
To enter this contest, email your cover design to email@example.com with the subject line as “NETA JOURNAL COVER DESIGN.” Please include your name and a phone number to reach you in the email.
About Neta Journal
Neta Journal is our bilingual magazine on arts, identity, and politics in the Rio Grande Valley. While we update new online content daily, Neta Journal is a physical space for us to display our work with more careful and in-depth insight away from the distractions and limits of digital work.
Neta Journal is meant to bridge the gaps of the digital divide of our borderland. It is meant to provoke and challenge our readers on today’s problems and suggest radical solutions. It’s our unfiltered experiences, discoveries, and observations. It is our megaphone as we shout our own narratives as we try to drain out the media circus about what the border should be and how we ought to be.