Neta RGV Job Posting – Immigration Reporter
June 11, 2018
Location: Hidalgo County, Cameron County (1 position available in each county)
Job type: Full-time
Job title: Immigration reporter
Compensation: $2,700 – 3,000 monthly
Deadline: Position open until filled
Start date: Immediately
Neta is looking for reporters to join our team in the Rio Grande Valley. We are seeking one reporter based in Cameron County and one in Hidalgo County (Starr County-based reporters also welcome) to cover immigration news. Assignments will include the separation of immigrant families in detention centers, asylum seekers who are being turned away at the U.S. ports of entry, and the potential additional construction of the border wall.
Qualifying candidates must have previous multimedia reporting experience and understand Neta’s mission as a progressive online platform amplifying the voices of border residents. Candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Gather, analyze, and verify information from various sources and community partners
- Research and monitor latest developments and available information
- Create multimedia stories to be published on Neta’s online platform and distributed to partners
Keys to success
- Fluency in English and Spanish (Speaking and writing)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience using video and/or photography to create stories
- Some reporting experience (At least one – two years)
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Have access to a vehicle and ability to travel across the Rio Grande Valley
- Have a commitment to advancing Neta’s mission
Send resumes and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least two relevant references. This position is open until filled. Candidates will be considered as applications are submitted, so apply soon!
Neta is an equal opportunity employer. Neta does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic background, religion, spirituality, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, citizenship status, or physical ability.